Dear Freenet Contributors and Enthusiasts,

I want to clear up some of the confusion.

Ian Clarke <i...@freenetproject.org> writes:
> I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inform you of an important
> change that the Freenet Project board voted on unanimously on Friday.
> After much discussion over the past 18 months

Ian wrote me private emails about his plan and I strongly objected. He
chose to ignore that. I do not know whether he talked to someone else.

There are no public archives, because these were just private emails.

After he agreed that others could email him, I talked to other release
managers and core developers.⁰ It is a shared understanding that this
renaming would damage Freenet. We had hoped that Ian would not go
through with this, so we did not write in public to prevent damage to
the project.

After he now wrote, the damage is done. We can only try to minimize it.

⁰: Before he said that other developers can contact him, I held it as a
   confidential discussion out of respect for the privacy of personal
   communication.

Best wishes,
Arne
--