Ian,

I have read over the last responses and there seems to be some items that I would like clarification on, as well as some comments I would like to add as a community member, node volunteer, and supporter of the Freenet "fred" project.

DuckDuckGo donated $25,000 several years ago, that money has still not been allocated or spent, will it be spend along with the $100,000 grant given to Loculus? Where will that money go?

While the charity called The Freenet Project is your baby and passion, it seems a bit unorthodox to do the following:

Have an 18 month private discussion with one dev, claim you disagree with his objections and overrule them. Go to the board, and claim this is happening, in secret, with no public proof of any opposing views being debated or suggested (names can be redacted and transcripts posted as Speaker #1) or at least minute notes of these meetings. Announce over a mailing list you have not posted to in months, let alone to FMS or Sone, that this change is happening and it's happening now. Limiting any other devs or community members to engage in discussion or presenting valid alternatives. (like you state Arne doesn't speak for everyone) Demand code to be changed to update these changes, (I don't see a pull request from you) and magically hope that all documentation including unmaintained one will follow? (how do you expect abandoned freesites to update their language?)

Please place yourself into the shoes of the community you were expected to represent and lead, and realize maybe there was some mistakes made here and more discussion should be done.

While the core of this issue is just a naming decision, and not your leadership style or actions. There seems to be a 20 plus year common understanding that Freenet is Fred, and Freenet Classic is Fred 0.5 when the network forked.

Locutus is a new software project that meets very similar goals as your charity organization. Maybe it would be best to create a new organization to support the management and funding of Locutus, instead of doing what feels to many as a "rugpull" from Freenet's community and support.

I fear that even with your declaration, many users and devs will not comply, and as Freenet is uncensorable, and development can continue over itself. I wonder how you will deal with a rogue project (in your eyes) stealing the name as it continues to operate against your wishes.

Respectfully,