On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Denis Gervalle <d...@softec.lu> wrote:

> Hi Caty,

Hi,

> I am currently making a fast adaptation of the current stable version
> (4.4.1) to a responsive skin based on bootstrap. I do not intend to
> implement your proposal in full, since I would like to minimize required
> changes to the current skin as much as possible. For example, I do not want
> to break the current panel behavior or menu organisation. I do not expect
> to have time to refine all the details or the mobile version really. But I
> am inspiring a lot on your work :)
>
> I have some questions, remarks:
>
>  1) Where are the following ? (some may be useless and my view biased by
> the fact that I adapt the current skin)
>     a) the import from office menu item,

Could be placed here
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4x/homepageDesktopSnapshotAnnotationsMenu5.png
but I would prefer to have that entry in the menu, only if the office
server is on http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-8762

http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4x/profileDesktopSnapshot.png

>     e) the log in item

http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4xLogin/loginDesktopLandscape.png
Near the Register

>     f) the languages for multilingual wiki

Haven't integrated this yet, but could be near the Profile entry
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4x/homepageDesktopSnapshotAnnotationsMenu7.png
and the languages could be diplayed in a select, instead of a list.

>     g) the annotation button

Haven't integrated this either, IMO in a refined version the annotation
functionality would move down with the comments.
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4x/pageExample3DesktopSnapshotCommentsAnnotations.png

>     h) the section edit button

Not represented..
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4x/pageExample1DesktopSnapshot.png
Just like it is now, near the section's title.

>     i) the tags
>     j) the creation date and author
>     k) the footer

In a refined version, I would combine all this information: creation,
parents, childs, tags inside the Information Tab
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4x/pageExample3DesktopSnapshotCommentsAnnotations.png

>  2) On site were the wiki aspect is not exposed to visitors, we used to
> hide the main menu. I do not know if I am alone doing so, but we usually
> have separate navigation bar in the header, next or below the logo and the
> search box. With this new way to go, hiding the main menu will also hide
> the logo and the search box. I would probably like to build my navigation
> bar under that main menu, but this will not look nice for user with editing
> power to have both, and doubling the search box will cause some technical
> issue. I can think of a mixup, but the room is missing for having a single
> bar. WDYT ?

If you want to hide some functionality, you can only hide what you don't
need and show the rest, something like:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Skin4xLogin/loginTabletPortrait.png

Thanks,
Caty