Hi devs,

A single wiki model is mostly used to demo XWiki and to test its features.
In production usually we have a multiwiki model, because of its
flexibility.

Since 5.0M2 we also have virtual mode enabled by default, meaning that is
even easier to create and manage subwikis/workspaces.

No matter if you want independent wikis or workspaces, both cases share a
Main Wiki. I propose to call the Main Wiki a 'Portal'.

The Portal purpose is to:
- both: manage the wikis/workspaces, being the point where you create new
wikis/workspaces;
- both: help the navigation between wikis/workspaces, by being the 'home'
point for them;
- workspace: manage the global users, providing access to a User Directory;
- workspace: will provide a global view of users' activities in workspaces;
- wikis: will provide a webhome (similar to what we have on myxwiki.org)
that states the purpose of the farm.

Workspace already has a custom menu in which there is present the 'Main'
wiki
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/PortalMenu/currentOverviewWorkspace453.png

I've made a proposal for the content of the menus in
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/PortalMenu that we
shall discuss.

'Portal' entry is present in the menu and also in the Breadcrumbs. The
'home' icon should be always present in the breadcrumbs, followed by the
Wiki/Workspace WebHome and then should be user defined (according to a
custom parent/child relation).

By having it clearly stated in the menu and in the breadcrumb, it will
improve the navigation between workspaces (and will give a home point for
the wikis).

In single wikis, the Portal entry is skipped.

Thanks,
Caty