> Some notes about the comments:
> - @GD: In CkEditor when drag&dropping it doesn't open a file explorer
> (that's for the simple upload), instead you just drag the image from
> Desktop and it inserts it.

I think I was not clear. I know CKEditor does not a file explorer. But you
have to open that kind of application by yourself (in mac it's called
"Finder", on my laptop it's called "Nautilus") if the file you plan to drag
is not on your desktop (which is the case 99% of the time). That is exactly
what I dislike.

> - @Vincent: the inline editing approach (with keeping the attachments tab
> in the same location) doesn't work for cases when we hide the docextra: we
> will have the same problem, and we might plan to remove that area for other
> skins.
> - @Thomas: yes this approach to have attachments tab in edit is problematic
> because of the save and other js events, plus to me is still oldish.
>
> So I don't want us to include the attachment tab in edit mode (although it
> sounded as a nice option). Instead I would like at least to have an
> improved drag&drop for CkEditor (improvement) and in the 'future' to
> support drag&drop in wiki mode (new feature).
>
> Thanks,
> Caty

Thanks,

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Thomas Mortagne <
> thomas.morta...@xwiki.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Something is not clear to me. What is exactly going to happen in edit
> > mode when you select an attachment ?
> >
> > If the plan is to let the attachment tab behave exactly as it does in
> > view mode (which is to actually upload the attachment and save the
> > document) I'm really not a big fan of this. If we support attachments
> > in edit view it should not send anything until we click save.

> > pain
> > release
> > liked
> > it's
> I'm
> upload
> > >
> > > For the sake of the discussion, also note that there’s another option.
> > Don’t leave the view page when editing (ie. inline editing) and just
> > replace the view area by an edit area. And find how to display the page
> > syntax and include/display references in the UI.
> > >
> > > The nice part is that it 1) it saves a reload of the UI (good for perf)
> > and 2) it feels more snappy and no context switching for the user (better
> > usability).
> > >
> > > If you remember this was a proposal done a very long time ago by
> > Jean-Vincent Drean (tried to find the thread again but didn’t succeed).
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent

> vali...@gmail.com
> > >: