Some ideas.

I have feedback about the fact the diff is way too technical for users.

Example: "What does it means???" https://img15.hostingpics.net/
pics/670307example1.png

So we could hide this in a "technical details" link.

The "details" link could be replaced by a "more" link, with a very
simplified diff (the complete diff would go the the technical details view).

In the body of the event, in addition with the title of the document, we
could add some extracts of the diff.

Example taken on gmail:
https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/763456example2.png

I hope it helps,