> On 7 May 2018, at 16:48, Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems we forgot to handle mail template pages. For example
>> XWiki.ResetPasswordMailContent
>>
>> We need to decide the type: demo, default, etc.
>>
>> WDYT about demo (i.e. as soon as the user starts modifying it, we don’t
>> upgrade it anymore)?
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Vincent
>>

> All types with allowed edit prevent upgrade.

I’m not sure we need more than 1 such type. See other mail thread.

> I think a more important question is: is it OK to delete it ?

We could. See below

> Seems to me delete is not OK in this context. Unless it's possible to
> change the mail template used for password reset ?

Re delete, I think there’s another thread discussing it, no? I don’t remember
the discussion too well and don’t master all the details but AFAIR my
preference was to not prevent deletion in general (I’m worried about unplanned
use cases requiring a delete, like renaming the page to another place to save
it, and then import some XAR containing the new mail template).

IMO all pages should be deletable without endangering the system. In this case
we could imagine:
* if the template is missing then the password reset page would mention it with
the ability to create a default mail template
* and/or report a mail error in the admin UI when sending the email (since the
template doesn’t exist). This means that the template factory for emails should
check the existence of the page. This should be handled here:
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/6e281a093d3751666fdcd3fb3a69cb638cca9b59/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-mail/xwiki-platform-mail-send/xwiki-platform-mail-send-default/src/main/java/org/xwiki/mail/internal/factory/template/DefaultMailTemplateManager.java#L143
 AFAICS it will currently report a NPE….

Have we decided what we do about deletes in general?

Thanks
-Vincent