Hi,

Context 1: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/WIKIEDITOR-58
Context 2: Fill the “velocity code style” section of
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/CodeStyle/

Option A-1: No top level indentation
=========================

{{velocity}}
#set ($var = …)
#if (…)
  …
  #if (…)
  #end
#end
{{/velocity}}

Nested example:

{{velocity}}
#if ($doc.fullName != 'XWiki.AdminInlineSheet')
  #set($formname = 'inline')
  #set($saveaction = 'save')
  #set($previewenabled = true)
  #set($xnotification = $!request.getParameter('xnotification'))
  {{html}}
  <form id="inline" method="post" action="$doc.getURL('preview’)">
    …
{{/velocity}}

Pros:
* This is what we currently do which IMO means it’s the more natural way
* Makes content more visible when editing inside xwiki since it takes less
horizontal space
* Less typing and less chance to make it wrong

Option A-2: Top level indentation
========================

{{velocity}}
  #set ($var = …)
  #if (…)
    …
    #if (…)
    #end
  #end
{{/velocity}}

Nested example:

{{velocity}}
  #if ($doc.fullName != 'XWiki.AdminInlineSheet')
    #set($formname = 'inline')
    #set($saveaction = 'save')
    #set($previewenabled = true)
    #set($xnotification = $!request.getParameter('xnotification'))
    {{html}}
      <form id="inline" method="post" action="$doc.getURL('preview’)">
        …
{{/velocity}}

Pros:
* More logical since a macro is a container (even though it’s different syntax
- wiki markup vs velocity - so it’s arguable)
* More legible?

Cons
* This means slowly changing everywhere we use scripting.

WDYT?

I think my preference goes to A-1 FTM since I’ve never thought to myself that
it was an issue all these years of using it.

Thanks
-Vincent