On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> I forgot one item:
>
> * Seems we would have some UIX to add 2 buttons in the edit menu and these
> UIX would have some conditions so that they’re only visible for the user
> directory page. It would be nicer to introduce a new Visibility scope for
> UIX and be able to register them with a page scope to avoid them being
> evaluated for every single page.

UIXP are very good at adding new extensions, but not that great in removing
/ controlling those extensions. Currently this is done through Velocity
conditions, but a more generic Visibility or Registration scope would be
ideal.

The topic of controlling the content menu area is present in many other
proposals and it affects the users especially in AWM apps. Being able to
remove the classic Create page button with a Create entity button is the
end goal. Also having dedicated Create buttons for Wiki Index (Create
Wiki), User Index (Create User), App Index (Create App), etc. would allow
users to have a dedicated Create / Actions area that is customizable
depending on the context.

Thanks for your comments. Indeed, this proposal is not a final one and it's
more of an exploration of what we should do in the future.