On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> Hi Caty and all,
>
> It’s very nice looking! :)
>
> Some questions:
>
> * What is the alert bell doing?

We currently have the "Follow" functionality
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Notifications%20Application/#HFilterauser
and since it's related to the Notifications, I've replaced the text button
with the icon with 2 states.

> * What is the bubble doing? Sending some message to a user? :) That looks
> nice.

Yes, the bubble would be for Send Message functionality in the future.
Thinking about where the Send message would be placed, the locations that
came in mind where User Profile and User Index.

> * What is the email icon doing? Sending some email to a user? We’ll need
> to implement that (not hard) since we don’t do this ATM.

Yes, this is not implemented, but it acts like an example of other
functions we could add in that area. If there where even more we could
extend by using a 'kebab' icon :)
In companies users care about ways to contact other employees, so that's
why having a rapid way to get the email address and telephone is
convenient. That was the logic behind the icon proposal.

> * Those are nice features which could be backported to the LT too as
> actions maybe?

Yes, also what fields are displayed in the cards representation should be
equivalent to LT columns that the Admin can select using the "Customize"
functionality.

* The groups listing is nice although the implementation may not be that
> trivial for perf reasons

I've displayed the groups since I've found 2 related JIRA issues related to
knowing which groups an user belongs too. Besides the rights advantages,
groups or even tags are used to mark individual teams, etc.

> * IMO the filter should be a search with the full power of the search,
> just restricted to pages with XWikiUsers objects.
>
> Actually I would love to see a new layout for search results and have a
> search macro to be able to put the search on any page with the ability to
> configure not having the facets displayed and to specify the layout to use.
> It would be awesome too that the search would offer some UIXP to display a
> type of search results. For example here, based on the XObject type, find a
> UIX in the wiki that has the code to display a user object.
>
> If we could do this then this user directory view would only be a matter
> of using this search macro and we could use that in lots of other places in
> very nice ways.
>
> In summary this idea is a generalization of what you’re proposing.

That would be great to be able to tackle the power of our search and the
ability to provide multiple views. This proposal could be implemented as an
alternative layour for Search or even as an alternative for Livetables.

When I did this proposal I've reused the Search cards results display I've
created for the extensions proposal, see
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/exoGrid/afterSearch.png