Hi devs,

Now that Notifications is providing an equivalent feature (and supposedly much
faster, we still need some measurements on that!), we need to think about
decommissioning the AS and Watchlist features.

Decommissioning means moving them to xwiki-attic IMO.

So the questions:

* Are there any features still missing to replace the AS? For example the AS
had the ability to display a RSS feed and other parameters, see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Activity%20Macro#HParametersdefinition.
 Are all of these having equivalents or other ways of doing them?

* Personal note and especially for Caty: I don’t like too much the big icons
that we have ATM. For example
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User%20Profile%20Application#HSeetheNetworkActivity.
 I don’t think the replacement of the main AS with the notifications macro will
look very nice with these icons. I already stated that I thought the
user-focused view was much nicer visually but I was one of the few to think so
from what I remember ;) Still even if we keep the icons, I think there’s some
work to make the UI more appealling visually. WDYT?

* When can we replace AS with notifications macro? I’d suggest to do that for
10.6-RC1. WDYT? AFAIK there are 2 places: user profiles + Dashboard home page.

* Once the previous item is done, can we remove AS + watchlist from XS easily
now? What does it entail, just moving xwiki-platform-watchlist and
xwiki-platform-activitystream. Actually I think we need to first move the
message stream sending UI to another place. I’d propose inside the alert menu
as a UIX when message stream is enabled (that would be fast and simple to do
and we could tune the location later, it doesn’t matter much since it’s off by
default anyway). Could we do this in XWiki 10.6RC1?

* Anything else I’ve forgotten?

So the plan seems to be, in this order:
1) Replace AS with notifications macro.
2) Move Message Stream sending UI outside of AS
3) Move xwiki-platform-watchlist and xwiki-platform-activitystream to
xwiki-attic and update their docs on e.x.o to explain how to put them back if
needed

Thanks
-Vincent