On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Mark Spohr <mhsp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on a system which was originally set up with version 2.0.4 and
> wish to install the latest (2.4) .
> Is there anything that needs to be done to upgrade the data for the new
> version?  Will this be handled somehow?

Hm..there are quite a few changes between the two. I guess the best approach
depends a bit on what exactly is in the current system, e.g. are there many
custom data entry forms?

First of all, you could just do a dump and make a copy of the database
(MySql or Postgres?), and run it with the latest and see what may be
missing.

Another approach could be to try a DXF export and import into an empty 2.4
database (the structure will be generated if you link 2.4 to a completely
empty database). However, not everything is included in DXF, so some
additional manual adjustments are likely necessary.

Knut

> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> --