Am 16.06.2012 um 07:56 schrieb vwf:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:19:20PM +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:
>> Did you now switch to 0.97.2 on Linux, too? Or do you still need to
>> read
>> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2012-June/msg00013.html ?
> Switched
>
>> AFAICT there is no portability issue for shapes between Linux and
>> Windows versions of Dia, except if you would use absolute pathes. Or
>> relative pathes with backslash.
> My experience is different: My Linux shape-set does not work in Windoos,
> and I did avoid the path-problem (AFAIK). Any suggestions?

Usual response would be: please include your problematic shape file for
analysis,
but I've got it off-list. It appears handwritten instead of being based on an
original
shape export. I've spotted three issues which stress the respective XML parser
and might lead to incompatibilities between different library versions:
 1) the namespace declaration for xlink is missing [1]
 2) 'href' in the svg:image tag is missing the xlink namespace
 3) there is a superfluous closing svg:image tag

Please compare your problematic shape with the one generated by Dia's shape
export:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns";
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
  <name>test - testsvg</name>
  <icon>testsvg.png</icon>
  <connections/>
  <aspectratio type="fixed"/>
  <svg:svg>
    <svg:image x="2.05" y="1.9" width="8.50044" height="7.45"
xlink:href="testshape.svg"/>
  </svg:svg>
</shape>

Also it is always a good idea to look at the console output for additional
information.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2011-July/msg00032.html