On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Brian Bruns wrote:

> Very  cool! The pace that Dia is progressing at is quite amazing. Is the
> undo code being done with an eye towards setting properties on multiple
> objects?
 I think these are orthogonal issues, but i haven't got that far yet.
 We'll see.

> I started working on the generic field (I haven't quite figured out
> an icon for the toolbar yet...but that's another story).  I've picked
> date, time, username, and the GECOS (full name) fields as possible values,
> I'll have to wait on the page number and stuff until printing solidifies
> a bit. My problem is the date/time fields. Does anyone know what the best
> approach to localization is for these (ie xmas is 12/25/99 here in the US,
> 25/12/99 some other places).  My first thought is a drop down list of
> "styles" such as "MMM DD, YYYY" "MM/DD/YY" "DD.MM.YY" etc... the only
> problem is this could get a little unwieldy. Is there any way to figure
> out what might be appropriate for certain locale?

I think this info can be gotten from the LC_TIME locale info, but i'm not
sure this is a good idea, as it will make diagrams look different
depending on your locale. Maybe it can be used to select the default when
creating such an object.

 / Alex