The N_() macro does nothing in the compiled program, but the xgettext
program will extract strings marked with it for translation.  You need to
use this rather than _() because structure initialisers need to be
constant.  All you need to remember is to use _(structname->field) to get
the labels to display in the GUI, so that the strings eventually get
translated.  There is probably no point going through and fixing up
references at object initialisation time.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/