At 20:25 06.02.00 -0500, Sean Doull-Connolly wrote:
>Just a thought....some of us (eg me!) are
>using Linux so that we can eliminate
>Microsoft hassles (eg poor software,
>poor value, high cost, etc) from our lives.

Although the mail of James does include almost
everything about to say on this (Thanks James!),
here's my personal answer:

Sorry, but I'm earning my money with writing closed
source Windoze NT image analysis software. If anyone
is interested, there's a link on my website.
And our customers *expect* simple data transfer to
M$ Word and Excel, to state only one thing.

>Although I admit it would be nice if
>great software like DIA was widely used
>by WIN32 users, it would be nicer if
>more people realized that it's easy to
>use Linux ... and cheaper ... and more
>reliable .... and ....

I could comment on this, too. But instead would like to
quote Zach Beane (arguing for pretendedly ugly Gimp icons)

Also, they are Standard Icons. I know that doesn't mean much in the
GUI-of-the-week world of X, but they are they are Macintosh toolbox icons
[...]

>...but I'm sure you get the point.
you too?

Why not bundling our forces to strike against
the Imperium, instead of continue whining?

        Hans