James Henstridge wrote:

> On 1 Jul 2000, Lars Clausen wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > Well there are a lot of libraries that dia links with.  Could you send the
> > > list of versions that you used?  This may include:
> > >   glib
> > >   gtk+
> > >   libxml
> > >   gnome-libs
> > >   imlib
> > >   gdk-pixbuf
> > >   libpng
> > >   esound
> >
> > What do we need esound for?
>
> If dia has gnome support enabled, esound may be linked in.  I would
> prefer to have too much library version information than not enough.

I saw esound (esd) go to ~99% CPU and hang all of Gnome while
using DIA.  After I killed esd, everything recovered and ran
fine.  It happened twice before I figured out it was esd, and
after that, I just killed it after I started gnome.
If I reproduce this, what kind of information would be
helpful (a kill -11 of esd?  of DIA?)

--
Ben Greear ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  http://www.candelatech.com
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)