On Fri, 11 May 2001, Ben A. Hetland wrote:

> James Henstridge wrote:
> >
> > I have uploaded a dia-0.88 tarball that will be available at the following
> > location once ftp.gnome.org syncs up:
> >   ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/dia/dia-0.88.tar.{gz,bz2}
> >
> > This one has some more xfig fixes from Lars, and hopefully fixes all the
> > build problems reported.
> [...]
> > * updates to the python plugin and now distribute it with dia (--with-python)
>
> I didn't test this tarball, but do these fixes also apply to the CVS
> head?

I tagged the release as DIA_0_88 in CVS.  The python-startup.py file I
forgot to check in is there now.

> The reason I ask is that I just did an update from CVS, and tryed to do
> an 'autogen.sh' again, and I basically get the same problems related to
> the PYTHON stuff that so many others have reported lately (including the
> missing AM_PATH_PYTHON_JH).

You may be able to fix the problem by changing the lines like
  AC_REQUIRE([AM_PATH_PYTHON])
  AC_REQUIRE([AM_PATH_PYTHON_JH])

That may fix the problem for you.  Note that in the tarball, the configure
script has already been generated, so this isn't a problem.  I tested
builds with both python and gnome from the tarball (as well as a build
with no configure switches), so the build problems are probably gone.

> I didn't try to fix this or recover from the errors in any way, since
> I'm too busy with other tasks at the moment (like you James, I
> presume...). I just identified the problem still seemed to be present.

Thanks for your problem reports.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]