If you think that's fun, you should try what I and a couple of
colleagues are prepping for: using Dia as a front-end GUI to demo an
architecture language processing system written in a mixture of Lisp and
a custom functional language similar to ML...since some of the front-end
logic will probably be written in Python, too, that means four
programming languages being used for one demo...

Just to keep people here abreast of how this might be useful to the Dia
core: the primary additions to Dia I'm working on are a nested diagram
object type, and an annotation tool which will allow attaching free-text
notes to any object in a diagram. The annotation tool will probably (at
least initially) be written almost entirely in Python, but the
subdiagram type is just a classic C plugin object. Once they're stable
enough to see the light of public scrutiny, I'll send them to the group
for a proper thrashing.

Lennon Day-Reynolds
Software Engineer
Kestrel Institute