Le dim, mai 20, 2001, à 03:07:50 -0600, Patrick Sung a écrit:

> None of the objects aware of this extra space created as they are create on the
> fly when the scrollbar position is being updated
> (ddisplay_update_scrollbars()).
>
> It would look so weird when you can still scroll up using the scroll bar but
> not using the wheel or arrow keys. ;)

> hope this clarify the changes. (ps. you can actually assign extra_border_[xy]
> to zero and see what will happen)

Now I see what you mean. With your changes, we get the scrollbar really
proportional to the size of the diagram, as would be expected.

However, people with small screens will have a problem: now they really have
to use the scroll tool to put an object outside of the visible area.

I'm a bit tempted by your patch ; until now, I really didn't see the point
of using the scroll tool. Having scrollbars consistent with the size of the
diagram, and scrollbar behaviour consistent with arrow/wheel scrolling is a
Good Thing(tm). OTOH, having the scrollbar scrollable area bigger than the
diagram's size can prove itself handy on a small screen.

I've committed a one-liner to put extra_border_x = extra_border_y = 0; let's
see the reactions. Perhaps it'll be better to let the user choose the
behaviour (but I really don't see how to formulate such an option, in a way
understandable by users).

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.