Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

>Le dim, mai 20, 2001, à 03:07:50 -0600, Patrick Sung a écrit:
>
>>hope this clarify the changes. (ps. you can actually assign extra_border_[xy]
>>to zero and see what will happen)
>>

>Now I see what you mean. With your changes, we get the scrollbar really
>proportional to the size of the diagram, as would be expected.
>
>However, people with small screens will have a problem: now they really have
>to use the scroll tool to put an object outside of the visible area.
>
>I'm a bit tempted by your patch ; until now, I really didn't see the point
>of using the scroll tool. Having scrollbars consistent with the size of the
>diagram, and scrollbar behaviour consistent with arrow/wheel scrolling is a
>Good Thing(tm). OTOH, having the scrollbar scrollable area bigger than the
>diagram's size can prove itself handy on a small screen.

This is why we need some new variables to define such a "scrollbar
scrollable area".  Maybe we can utilize the page layout view like we
used to have in a word processor (or Visio) to distinguish between the
drawable (and printable) area.  Now if a user want to draw outside, they
can create a new page.  So when you create a new diagram, only one page
is displayed (and scrollable if the screen size isn't large enough).
This won't destroy the use of the printable area grid line and also
gives users a better control of placement of objects in a page.

>I've committed a one-liner to put extra_border_x = extra_border_y = 0; let's
>see the reactions. Perhaps it'll be better to let the user choose the
>behaviour (but I really don't see how to formulate such an option, in a way
>understandable by users).

Thanks
Patrick