*** Apologies for cross posting - Please share ***

This is an open invitation to join in and/or observe an ICT for
Education and Development - Learn By Doing project. An upcoming key date
is Thursday August 16th (see flyer below).

The project brings together several strands of work
# The development of communities of interest
# Using ICT for collaboration
# Issues of inclusion via cyber cafes in Africa and India
# ICT use by community development activists in Africa and India
# ICT training for teachers in rural Africa
# Health education and practice
# Other practical education and development projects and issues

The project is an unusual mixture of theory and practice. The core group
are all practitioners of one kind and another, but we are also
reflecting on what we are doing, and trying to help each other. We
already collaborate through yahoo groups and a chat room, there are
clusters of people who know each other face-to-face, and there is a blog
http://learnbydoinguk.blogspot.com/.

Now we are exploring audio-graphic conferencing as a way to forward our
work. Our first audio-graphic meeting is on Thursday August 16th, and
sets the scene. Subsequent sessions will focus on other aspects of ICT,
Education, Development and ICT4Ed&D. Please feel free to pass on this
information. You are invited to register (see below) - even if you will
only be able to attend for part of the session - just to get a flavour
of the project.

The flyer below gives full details.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Limited (*FREE*) Registration Now Open for a Live Webinar

*Title: *LearnByDoing - ICT for Education and Development**

*Speakers: *Pamela McLean

*Date:* Thursday, August 16, 2007

*Time:* 11:00 am EDT (3pm GMT, 4pm British Summer Time) - 1:00 pm EDT
(Arrive at 10:30 for tutorial on Elluminate)
(Please go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html to
confirm your time zone.)

*Cost:* FREE - But 1st come first seated - limited seating.

*More Information:* http://www.trainerspod.com/info/
<http://www.trainerspod.com/info/>

*Register:* http://www.trainerspod.com/register

*Event Background*

ICT is changing our opportunities to learn. The LearnByDoing series
explores some of the realities, and how they relate to education and
development.

One image of education is that it has three inter-related parts:
teacher(s), learner(s), and a knowledge base of some kind. In many rural
African schools rote learning is still the order of the day, because the
only knowledge base is the knowledge of the teacher, supplemented by a
few books. By contrast, where learners have access to the Internet, a
huge knowledge base is available for the learners to interrogate. The
Internet also offers the opportunity for peer-to-peer learning,
collaboration on practical projects, and distance learning of various
kinds.

This session (the first in a series) builds on the knowledge base of a
network of activists – all involved in various aspects of ICT,
education, and development. It focuses on their practical projects and
issues surrounding them.

This session sets the scene and provides a model for subsequent
sessions. Each session is complete in itself. A typical session will
focus on a given topic, and include people with different kinds of
expertise relating to the topic - more in the style of a structured
illustrated meeting than an individual presentation.

*About the Presenter *

Pamela McLean <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is an ICT for Education
(and Development) activist, working on the Internet and in rural Africa.

Her work explores the relationship between teaching, learning, and ICT,
and the implications for education, training and development.

She is involved in ICT training for teachers in rural Kenya and Nigeria
(where, it is said, if you train a teacher you train the community);
leads the group LearningFromEachOther in Minciu Sodas; is a CAWD
volunteer: and is co-director, with John Dada, of DadaMcLean Ltd -
Knowledge Brokers.

We have limited "seats" for this event. The webinar is entirely free of
charge. Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Register for the event by visiting: http://www.trainerspod.com/register
<http://www.Trainerspod.com/register>.

The minimum PC requirements are a Pentium III 500 Mhz CPU running
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128MB of memory and a sound card. The minimum
Mac requirements are Mac OS 9.1/9.2, Mac OS X 10.1.5/10.2/10.3/10.4,
running on a G3 233 Mhz CPU with either 64 MB (OS 9), 128 MB (OS X
10.1.5/10.2/10.3) or 256 MB (OS X 10.4).

To get maximum benefit from Elluminate Live!, all users should have a
microphone and speakers.

Trainerspod.com <http://www.trainerspod.com> seeks to provide free
access to these events to raise knowledge and awareness of the issues,
practices and needs of e-Learning practitioners and researchers around
the world.

*Elluminate*

To learn more about Elluminate visit: http://www.elluminate.com
<http://www.elluminate.com/>

Elluminate also has a vRoom where 2 people can be invited by the
moderator. It is FREE and has all the tools of the full version except
for recording. To use the vRoom visit: http://www.elluminate.com/vRoom

We are indebted to Elluminate (www.elluminate.com
<http://www.elliuminate.com>) in sponsoring us and providing a platform
for the exchange of knowledge.

Visit _http://www.elluminate.com/support-portal/_ to search for a
solution or contact a support representative.

Also visit www.elluminate.com/support <http://www.elluminate.com/support>

TRAINERSPOD© - 2007 - All rights reserved
1273 Neapolitan Rd., Punta Gorda, FL USA 33983
Asif Daya
USF
[EMAIL PROTECTED]