Dear Friends,

please look at the following information.

Kind regards,

Magdalena Wach

[EMAIL PROTECTED] napisa�: >E-CONFERENCE ON INTERNET GOVERNANCE AND
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT >Join the discussion at
http://www.iisd.org/infosoc/gov/igsd/ > > >From September 17 to 28, the
International Institute for Sustainable >Development (IISD) is hosting an
e-conference to engage researchers, >practitioners and policy analysts in an
open discussion on the >intersections between Internet governance (IG) and
sustainable >development (SD). > >Sustainable development efforts cannot be
conceived without global >communications and knowledge exchange. Therefore,
the outcomes of the >Internet governance debate will affect our ability to
manage the social, >environmental and economic factors of sustainable
development. To >explore this intersection further, IISD has commissioned a
series of >scoping studies that aim to present the viewpoints of the two
>communities on five key issues that are common to both: governance
>processes; economic barriers to development; capacity-building; access >to
local knowledge; and indicators for development. > >The purpose of this
e-conference is to give participants an opportunity >to share their
thoughts, comments or questions regarding the content >presented in these
scoping studies. By inviting comments on these >studies from members of both
communities, and by comparing and >contrasting the different perspectives
that emerge, we hope to lay the >foundation for a research and action agenda
that will begin bringing the >worlds of IG and SD closer together. > >Follow
this link to join the discussion: >http://www.iisd.org/infosoc/gov/igsd/