Well, if the software can do the heavy lifting, then it wouldn't matter
*what* people did. That's probably easier inthe long run, Andy, than setting
yourself up to bird-dog this or trying to explain to people "well, if you
have this software, click here and then here" to do plain text. Pam is
right, I think: most people don't know or pay attention to that. I get HTML
stuff all the time that i'd prefer not to have and just reformat when i do
replies. but if the s-ware could yank out the tags, that would make the most
sense to me. that doesn't sound like a difficult task, either. there is perl
already that disallows html in guestbooks and the like, so it doesn't seem
like a huge task to write something that would fix it (i say that NOT being
a programmer and as someone who ALWAYS underestimates the effort it takes to
do programming work).

steve snow
=======================================
     Stephen Snow, MA, National Certified Counselor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         "Where love stops, power
      www.commcure.com           begins, and violence
                 704.569.0243           and terror."  -- CG Jung
 Artist-Blacksmith Assn. of N. America (www.abana.org)
    Assn. For Community Networking (www.afcn.org)
       Charlotte Folk Society (www.folksociety.org)
Int'l Society for the Study of Dissociation (www.issd.org)