I think we get so focused on [and enamored with] the technology tricks that we lose sight of the fact the people on the wrong side of the divide don't have the toys we have. Basic email and web-access bring the bulk of the social and economic benefits of being "connected". All this other stuff makes it sweeter, slicker, more intrusive, [add your own list here ;-)], but the value added is arguable.

I have all the toys; I don't use RSS and I am subscribed to few forums simply because of choice, not ability. The real literacy challenge, INMO, lies in basic access and how information is used. There is life beyond the computer screen [I supposed I'll get flamed for saying that ;-)], and dumping the contents of a vast library on someone isn't likely to add to the quality of their lives unless we help them understand and put it into some context that is relevant to them. The technology of RSS, Blogging etc are exciting tools, but they are just that; tools. Without context and focus they can bury us with information at the expense of understanding.