In this regard these two websites may be of interest.

The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy
E. D. Hirsch, Jr., Joseph F. Kett, James Trefil
Third Edition: Completely Revised and Updated
<http://www.bartleby.com/59/>

Glossary
An alphabetical listing of all terms in the CDD glossary.
<http://www.dfes.qbfox.com/tools/glossary/>

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University