First, there is an enormous amount of technical skills on this list,
<http://www.digitaldividenetwork.org>;
not to mention serious intellectual depth that comes with almost every post.

Second, while there has been a lot of talk about podcasting, and other audio deliveries, and some talk about internet (streaming) radio, there hasn't been much talk about reducing the divide by combining the power of the Net with the reach of conventional radio.

Such pathway might well open up if some of you very smart technical guys - dare I say geeks? - help Chuah Siew Eng in Malaysia with his problems. In return, perhaps Mr. Eng will help us tell how important podcasts can be aired in Malaysia to the ordinary listener.
----------------------------

Chuah Siew Eng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Dear all,

My organisation is setting up a community radio in Malaysia and testing
streaming on the web, but is flummoxed by some technical problems.

Our youthful (but possibly now graying) web technician says:

"We are using Mac OSX version 10.3 Panther, with Quicktime 6.5 and
Quicktime Broadcaster. I have set up a website, and the web host supports
live streaming. I've search through the websites for info, which all pointed to
this: broadcasting through Quicktime requires QTSS, which is used in Mac OSX
server.

"How can I create a live broadcast from the software that I have without
needing to purchase and/or install any other software? I would appreciate a
detailed response including the whole process of making the live broadcast."

Thanks (also for the past postings of the many resources and news about
community radio).

Lurker no more,
Chuah Siew Eng
Outreach Coordinator
Centre for Independent Journalism
Malaysia

PS Minidisc obsolete? Gosh...and I only just got acquianted to it :-o