Dr. Eskow: Are you saying that reviewing the text of the proposed lecture - or keynote speech - in advance of same is a bad idea?
Are you also saying that in today's college (100) classes it is NOT common that there is little or no Question and Answer by the students of the person at the lectern?

If on the second question, you disagree, I encourage you to visit Eugene and see what I have frequently seen here on the Oregon campus.

As to the first question, if you are opposed to the idea of students or conference attendees reviewing the materials in advance, then perhaps you could delineate supporting arguments why this is a bad idea?

Please try to be direct and on-point. None of us need a reminder there are no silver bullets --- Most of us, even outside of the robed world, gave up on silver bullets at about age 12.

However, we do happen to believe that the new tools offer new opportunities; and these should not be easily or quickly disregarded just because they come from people who don't wear robes and headgear of high distinction.