-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Drew, Bill
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DDN] Verizon and DSL

Andy Carvin suggested I send my question and problem to this list I am
asking a question about getting a phone company to tell me if they will ever
have DSL in my area.  I live in a rural area between Ithaca,NY and Cortland,
NY.  We are not served by any cable companies.  I have been trying for close
to a year to get Verizon to tell me if they will ever get DSL in my area.  I
keep getting told they will notify me when it is available.  I did get one
representative to tell me it was not currently planned for my phone line.  I
am beginning to think the central office near my home has not been upgraded
to allow DSL in the area. It seems to me that they have an obligation to
make this service more widely available. Any suggestions?

 Wilfred (Bill) Drew
 Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference  Morrisville State College
Library
 E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
 BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
 Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
 Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
 SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
  "To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert