Hi:

Regardless of one's feelings toward MTV programming, I think a
high-profile project that rewards positive community work on a weekly
basis is a great thing-- especially if it's disseminated to the enormous
MTV audience.

Networks like MTV are amoral. They pull in audiences. They'll air great
programming; they'll air crappy programming. They air what they're
guessing their target audience wants. And every project/program is an
experiment to see what works. If Youth Venture is wildly successful,
there will be more of it-- not just on MTV, but on other networks.

Bob Hirshon
Kinetic City
American Association for the Advancement of Science
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 6/2/05 8:41 AM >>>
Well said, James
I couldn't agree more.
I'm a musician and find MTV's callous display of what it thinks
today's
young peoples 'values' are disgusting.
As legitimate grant fiscal streams like the Federal TOP program are
diminished
or aborted I guess we can expect bottom feeders like this to emerge.
Bob Johnson