-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie
Meisch
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 9:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RE: [DDN] MTV pro social youth initiative grant

That's all true, although there's also the risk that, for young people,
any
act of altruism is linked to publicity - it's the "Extreme Home
Makeover"-ing of America.  If the only motivation for doing good is to
get
your 15 minutes of fame, that's a bad cultural shift.  But I think we
started trending that way long before MTV.

Maybe I've become to jaded by media.  :)

Cheers,
Charlie Meisch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<