Adrianos, nice to receive your post.  I would recommend that you take a look
at Minnesota eDemocracy and some of the experiences in Scandinavian
countries -- a good place to start might be in Steve Clift's "democracies
online" site, http://dowire.org/wiki/Main_Page

Also, the National Science Foundation in the US has begun to look at these
questions, at:
http://www.diggov.org/

The UK has also been pretty busy setting up online consultations to improve
local government authorities' responsiveness to citizen-identified needs.

Finally, of few notable experiments (which you can google) include:

 - CityScan in Hartford (improve service delivery)
 - Balitmore's CityStat program
 - Mayor Williams' "Citizen Summit" process in DC

Hope this helps get you rolling!  Feel free to follow up with me at

Lars Hasselblad Torres
Researcher and Web Developer
AmericaSpeaks
802-223-4288

www.americaspeaks.org

join the movement for deliberative democracy:
www.deliberative-democracy.net