> Over and over again I have > heard it said (on TV
and > > radio) that the Internet has been
instrumental, in fact > crucial, in facilitating
access to information and > > > communications when
other more traditional methods have > failed. I think
this is a magnificent example of how > > the Internet,
an open and free human arena, not widelly > controlled
by special interests

Here we see another divide that this list touched on
(perhaps differently), and then ignored.

Here is language divide in a different way. Internet
is a written world, and whether we like to acknoledge
it or not, buying a computer and have internet access
is a lot more expensive than a mobile phone (a spoken
world).

Podcasting might eventually adresses the problem, the
bottom line is if a person has no knowledge of how
internet works, they might not know podcasting is
voice.

Cindy