Subject: Institute Director to serve on "Learning from Katrina" panel
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:41:49 -0400
From: Institute for Nonprofits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Learning from Katrina: Addressing local needs while responding to the
crisis
Hurricanes and earthquakes have shaken the country and the nonprofit
sector.  How do we move forward in this volatile climate?

Hurricane Katrina has left huge challenges in its wake.  Nonprofits
throughout the U.S. must help Gulf Coast evacuees assimilate into local
communities, and must better prepare for local disasters.  They also
must ask donors who have contributed to Katrina relief efforts to dig
even deeper to tackle critical community problems like poverty and
change public policies on a broad range of social issues.

Wednesday, October 26
IMAX Theater at Exploris, Raleigh
11:30am-1:30pm

Distinguished panel speakers:

* Craig Chancellor, president & CEO, Triangle United Way
* Jane Kendall, president, N.C. Center for Nonprofits
* Barbara Metelsky, director, Institute for Nonprofits at N.C. State
University
* Tom Ross, executive director, Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
* Karla Williams, principal, The Williams Group

Registration fee is $20; NC Center for Nonprofits' members may pay $15.
 Registration deadline is Friday, October 21.

This event is cosponsored by Exploris, NC Center for Nonprofits, and
the Triangle United Way.

To register or get more information, please visit
http://www.philanthropyjournal.org/page23285.cfm.

Institute for Nonprofits
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
North Carolina State University
Campus Box 7011
219 Oberlin Road
Raleigh, NC  27695-7011