I support Intels CEO;s school of thougth on the $100 computer because Nigerian
computer teachers will find a used $100 computer more useful and beneficial to
the students than the $100 laptop which will not be availble in the indusrtial
and commercial setting where the training is to be utilised.
  Jare Oyesola
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Andy Carvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The latest twist in the $100 laptop debate... -andy

Intel: Poor Want 'Real' Computers

Potential computer users in the developing world will not want a basic
$100 hand-cranked laptop due to be rolled out to millions, according to
Craig Barrett, ECO of Intel.

Schoolchildren in Brazil, Thailand, Egypt and Nigeria will begin
receiving the first few million textbook style computers from the MIT
Media Lab run by Nicholas Negroponte from early 2006.

"Mr. Negroponte has called it a $100 laptop -- I think a more realistic
title should be 'the $100 gadget'," Barrett, chairman of the world's
largest chipmaker, told a press conference in Sri Lanka on Friday. "The
problem is that gadgets have not been successful."

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,69797,00.html

--
Andy Carvin

Jare Oyesola