Errol Hewitt and Taran,
  This is most important that we need to develop researches, scientific and
engineering prowess as of our own. However there is nothing wrong if we seek
assistance from developed countries. Good deeds should be encouraged!

  Regards-
  Sadeque Hussain

ehewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Taran,
Agreed!! but beyond that must be the understanding of how critical it is
for INNOVATION [in every area-- including engineering etc]to become a focus
in developing countries. This is critical. We cannot leave innovation in
engineering for example to be centred in only the developed world only
because they can currently mass produce. We have to develop our own
research, scientific and engineering prowess etc. So many other things hang
on this reality.
Errol Hewitt