We are on the same page Taran.
Errol Hewitt
At 20:14 11/12/2005 -0600, you wrote:

ehewitt wrote:

> Hi Taran,
> Agreed!! but beyond that must be the understanding of how critical it
> is for INNOVATION [in every area-- including engineering etc]to become
> a focus in developing countries. This is critical. We cannot leave
> innovation in engineering for example to be centred in only the
> developed world only because they can currently mass produce. We have
> to develop our own research, scientific and engineering prowess etc.
> So many other things hang on this reality.
> Errol Hewitt

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that it is in the interest of some
to keep the innovation happening in developed nations, and to degrade
innovation happening in developing nations. It's the Lexus driving the
Olive tree around.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/Taran

Coming on January 1st, 2006: http://www.OpenDepth.com

"Criticize by creating." — Michelangelo