In a message dated 12/13/05 4:55:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Of course I see your point (otherwise I would not be involved so deeply in
> digital equity/digital divide issues) but, as with the case of Barrett
> announcing that everyone needs a real computer, shouldn't the point be that
> those concerned should be making the decisions about their future? :-)

I support Sandy... and the work that is going on nationally and
internationally. We often find that we have to educate and involve everyone,
that means our
minority teachers and communities in the understanding of what can be with
the use of computers.

Community Groups
source: http://www.edutopia.org/getstarted/community.php

In the Digital Age, our best schools are tearing down the artificial boundary
of the classroom walls, inviting -- depending on -- the community's active
involvement in educating its children.
 Science centers, museums, hospitals, universities, business organizations,
and parents' groups offer a diversity of vital resources and expertise to local
schools. Beyond furthering the education of students, these school-community
partnerships support the larger needs of children and families, thereby
strengthening the entire community.

International groups have to come to the table and be empowered with the
knowledge of what might work. The UN Task Force has been working with this idea
..
for some time.

Bonnie Bracey Sutton
bbracey at aol com