Dave, thank you for the Drupal pointer. I already use CivicSpace actually,
and one of the things I am looking to do is set up a system whereby people
can MMS (multimedia post) to a shared blog.  I am sure its coming, but I
haven't seen a module yet for integrating picturephones.

One thing I like about blogger is how easy it is to set up an MMS (mobile
blog post) -- but what I am not so happy with is that its not so easy to
just "give away" an email address to which anyone, or a registered user, can
post to.

Hope that helps clarify what I'm looking for. Weren't systems like this set
up post katrina to help people find one another?

Many thanks!

Lars
--
Lars Hasselblad Torres