Thanks very much indeed, Cindy. I'm volunteering some assistance to a wifi community network due to roll out soon in a housing development with a high percentage of Cantonese speakers. I personally hadn't known prior to your message how close written Cantonese is to Mandarin. So, yes, it would also be helpful to be able to provide written materials for beginners in Mandarin or other Chinese dialects with similar writing systems. I know that the work of Gideon and colleagues is very highly regarded, so I'm confident that what he's sending will be a good start.
   - Stephen