I just wanted to send a reminder about the Social Networking discussion
tomorrow and Thursday.

Join us on TechSoup, April 19th and 20th, for a free, two-day online
event at: http://www.techsoup.org/socialnetwork

This event will be an asynchronous discussion that will occur in the
TechSoup.org forums. It will be hosted by Chris Law, co-founder of
Tribe.net, Neal Gorenflo, Director of Business Development of
Care2Connect.com, Alex Mouldovan, founder of CrowdFactory.com and John
Lorance, Associate Director of CompuMentor's TechCommons program, and
will feature representatives from LinkedIn.com, Gather.com, and others.

We all love social networking applications like Friendster, Tribe,
Linked in, My Space and Frappr, however, most of us have little time to
use these in our personal lives, let alone to create an organizational
profile for our nonprofit.  Is there a use for social networking
applications in the nonprofit workplace?

* What do we mean by Social Networking applications?

* How are these different form message-board based online communities?

* Getting discovered: How do you promote your organization's services
through a social networking application?

* How can an online social network help your organization find
volunteers and raise funds?

* What is the secret to fostering and managing your online social
network?

You will come away with practical tips, models, resources, and tools for
bringing the collaborative technologies of social networking
applications to your own organization.

We hope to see you there!

Please feel free to forward this announcement on to your friends and
colleagues.

Malin Coleridge
Business Analyst

TechSoup.org