Probably one reason why people are fired up is due to the fact that many
participants are working towards building connections to technology for
people that have less than adequate access to technology.  When people read
an article like that, it indicates that technology is not all that it is
cracked up to be.  The problem is that this group sees the incredibly
powerful aspects of technology and resists any thoughts that see otherwise.
We are essentially defending technology...being the geeks we are.  Most of
us thinks technology is very important in a variety of contexts, one being
education.  We are fighting to promote technology, not give it a bad name.

I have not done extensive reading in the area of education and technology
research but I have done a little.  What I know is that there are large gaps
in research and more needs to be done to be able to integrate these
technologies effectively into classrooms.  I am always glad to read new
research in hopes of learning something new.  I look forward to reading the
full article.

Great explanation about the "spin" involved.  Damn reporters.  What were the
thoughts of the researchers when they saw the article?  Was there a call to
the reporter to question the tone of the article?

Again, look forward to the full article

Taylor

Taylor Kearns
IL Program Manager / Technology Lab Project
Metropolitan Center for Independent Living (MCIL)
1600 University Ave W Suite 16
St. Paul, MN 55104
651-603-2017
[EMAIL PROTECTED]