Reply to Bill,

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Daniel Keep
<daniel.keep.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

You want to use JS to make the site more usable?  That's great!  But
you DO NOT break basic functionality to do it.  EVER.  If you can't
figure out how, you're not qualified to be writing JS for web pages
[3].
[...]

what I want to known is what happened to that last footnote!

</tirade>

Sorry about that, but MAN do I feel better.

-- Daniel

[1] ... to borrow a phrase from Ben Croshaw.

[2] Obviously, this doesn't apply for sites that GENUINELY cannot
function without Javascript.  Stuff like Google Docs or a Javascript
image editor; that stuff is fine because HTML can't do that.

There's something really humorous about a guy going on a rambling,
fired-up, emotional tirade for a page and a half, but concluding it
with proper footnotes.    :-)

--bb