On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:05:10 -0400, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Something for everyone here.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.046.zip

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.031.zip

Thanks for another great release.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature with regard to the new integer rules:

   byte x,y,z;
z = x+y; // Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (cast(int)x + cast(int)y) of type int to byte

which makes sense, in that a byte can overflow, but also doesn't make sense, since integer behaviour is different.

BTW: The fact that in my original code base DMD gave me the line, inside the string, inside the mixin, inside the template, inside the mixin, inside the struct was just awesome.

P.S. There's a bunch of functions in phobos (like std.math.lrint) which return a long and should also have (at least) an integer version as well. (Maybe rndto!T() ?)