Jason House wrote:
With small commits to dmd, it should be trivial to know what small
change in dmd caused a user observable change in behavior.

The problem is, one doesn't know if it is a problem with the change or if it is a problem with the user code. To determine that requires working with and understanding the user code. It's just impractical for me to do that with a large base of code like that.

If things
look good on the dmd side, I'd really hope the code authors would
help with debugging their code.

Knowing of a failure within an hour is way better than finding out a
month later.

BTW, such regression tests work much better when all failing tests
can be identified. It can help with figuring out patterns. Stopping
on the first failure can be somewhat limiting, especially if the
failure will stick around for a week.