On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 03:34:00 -0300, Matthias Pleh <matthias.p...@ltw.at> wrote:

Thanks. I got a build working and have tested it out. It seems that
you've made a substantial change to the default syntax highlighting,
both in the terms you use and their settings. Now, most of them I can
fix to how I want, but the normal 'selected' settings are substantially
better and more complex than a simple foreground and background color.
Also, I'd strongly recommend keeping the current code::block standard
highlighting if you're planning to have your trunk merged into the
mainline tree.

And one more thing, it doesn't appear that the -g option when linking in
debug mode is working.

Thanks for your report!

to 1.)
I haven't changed any code for the lexer (It's anyway not code from
codeblocks but
rather from scintilla)
I only have added more tags in the xml-file and  have changed the colors.
But this is only a draft. The most colors was taken from the examples on the
DigitalMars Page,
couse I think this is rather the official standard for D.
I also don't understand, why we should take the same colors, as it is used
in C++ ??
But feel free to send me your version (lexer_d.xml) or a description how you
want it and I would have a look at it.

First, the normal code::block selector uses smart colors which are based upon the underlying text color, etc. Essentially, it only changes the background color (like many other editors) and doesn't change the foreground color. This makes selection easier to read and extend. It also doesn't play havoc with code::blocks' thread search feature. Second, languages don't have color conventions, IDEs do. Code::blocks is different from Visual Studio which is different from Scintilla ad nauseam. My recommendation was simply to follow code::blocks' style and XML tags where possible because a) all the existing code::blocks users are comfortable with this or have already overwritten those tags we don't like with our own preferences. And b) following the existing style may smooth the entire process of getting the patch accepted into the mainline trunk. Third, out of curiosity, the background color for DMD code samples seem to be gray. Where did you find/why did you choose beige? Forth, for the lexer, I have a vague memory up patches/updates to Scintilla being posted a long time ago. You might want to look into SciTE4d and SEATD.

I have also tried a version with 8 different keywordgroups (as it is in
Poseidon) and different
colors for normal-string, raw-string, and so on ...
but for my taste this is too much, I like it simple.

to2.)
which OS/compiler?

Win32/DMD 2 though I don't remember seeing separate D1 and D2 entries in the compiler selection menu.