Rainer Schuetze wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to announce the initial release of Visual D, a Visual Studio package providing both project management and language services for integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.

Here are some features:

    * Project management
          o all DMD command line options accessible
          o support for resource compiler
          o custom build commands
          o pre/post custom build steps
          o automatic dependency generation
          o automatic link between dependent projects
          o integrates cv2pdb for seamless debugger integration
          o new project templates

    * Language Service
          o syntax highlighting
          o simple word-completion
          o import statement completion
          o goto definition (using JSON file from compilation)
          o smart indentation
          o highlight/jump-to matching braces
          o code snippets

    * Supported Visual Studio versions
          o VS 2005, VS 2008
          o with some limitations: VS.NET 2003, VS 2010

    * Easy installer for hassle-free installation

Wow, this is awesome! I have a feeling this will make a BIG contribution when it comes to attracting people to D, not to mention keeping them here. :)

And for the fun and frustration: Visual D is completely written in D.

One shouldn't underestimate how important this last point is.

-Lars