On 30.04.2010 16:04, lurker wrote:
> The Tango developers could have handed over all copyrights to Walter or
> Phobos. This would solve the licensing problems if anything needs to change
> later. Many open source projects such as MySQL do this.

They could have jumped off a bridge too. Yay, no more Tango. All problems
magically go away.

Well except the Tango devs' problems, but who cares about those.

> Instead they yearned the attribution.

Oh, because you always make perfect license choices on first try in a muddy
context, or alternately when it turns out you made the wrong choice, you can
always change the license without hassle! Because it's not like there's other
people who contributed code that you can't reach, that never happens.

Sometimes I forget you're a superhuman fantasy creature.