On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:59:40 -0400, Aldo Nunez <aldoskipallthisnun...@gmail.com> wrote:

You could also use http://www.virtualbox.org/
Nice, slim, heavily under development :)

Thanks for the link. But the problem is that I don't have a Win XP
installation disc to begin with. With 7 you can get an XP image.

If you have win xp pro install disc (it has to be pro), you can set up xp mode with start-menu integration, even without win 7 pro for free (I did it on my win 7 home PC). MS doesn't make it easy though, and you likely have to install all the updates to XP once you create your VM. Avoiding that part alone is probably worth the upgrade price for win 7 pro and the pre-configured image.

-Steve