On 11/17/10 10:27 PM, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
[…]It might be possible to change the configuration so
that this won't happen, but the simple fact that this happens with
the *default* config does not fill me with confidence regarding data
integrity and Git...

This is not exactly true, at least not for the Git on Windows installer, which presents you with the three possible choices for handling line endings.

Also, I am not quite sure if this deserves the label »data corruption«, because even if you have auto-conversion of line endings turned on and Git fails to auto-detect a file as binary, no history data is corrupted and you can fix the problem by just switching off auto-conversion (either globally or just for the file in question via gitattributes) – in contrast to actual history/database corruption.